Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Venetian Life: Day One


Venice is [insert word that surpasses incredible, breathtaking, and unreal].  I cannot believe such a city exists, nor can I believe I am actually here.  I am already sad at the thought of leaving in a few days to move on to the next adventure.  Venice, you hold my heart.  Oh, the wonders you hold...

A few (and let me re-emphasize a fewof the highlights of my day were... 


...seeing the Rienzo Bridge (the largest bridge in Venice)...


...exploring canals...upon canals...upon canals...(I have a lot of pictures of canals)...


...visiting the Scuola Internazionale di Grafica where we'll be studying printmaking...


...marveling at the ceiling of the Parrocchia S. Maria Gloriosa dei Fari (it's a museum)...


...mid-day shopping at the open markets...


...being constantly surrounded by flowers...


...playing "I Spy the Weiner Dog" with myself (I won)...


...walking (squeezing) through narrow alleyways... 


...being treated with a "spritz" by Professor Jeff...


...and wrapping up the night with a tour of Saint Marc's Square (I know, this is a crappy picture.  You just had to be there)...

Tomorrow is a free day before we start class on Monday.  I plan to explore the surrounding islands and hopefully get my tan on.  I'm pale and I want to blend in with the locals.

Buona notte!

No comments:

Post a Comment