Monday, May 26, 2014

Florence


We have arrived in Florence.

We were met at the train station by Charlie, who will be our professor while we're here.  (Fun fact:  Charlie used to teach photography at WMU.)  He took us to the hostel where we are staying to drop our luggage off and then immediately began to show us around.

We visited the school first (which we start on Wednesday), and then he took us up to a hilltop which gives you the most INcredible view of the city.  In order to get there we had to climb a ridiculous number of stairs.  (I would say there was approximately a million, but there was probably more.)  Anyways, (that one's for you, Nona!) I sat down on these steps, warm sunlight on my face, and got lost in the scenery.  Literally, I got lost.  My group accidentally left without me and apparently didn't notice I was missing until someone tripped and jokingly said that they "pulled a Reina."  It's nice to be thought of.  It's also nice to be remembered for being a klutz.

First thing in the morning a group of us are going to see the Duomo, which is a HUGE cathedral that's literally steps from our hostel.  Then we are going to cram as much sightseeing as we can into one day, as we start school tomorrow.

I think I'm going to unpack now.  Seriously, the worst thing about this trip has been the packing, the unpacking, the packing, the unpacking...Daaaaannniiiiii?  Where are you when I need you??



3 comments:

  1. I have been referenced! And I am in the US, where you left me....can't really help you in the packing department. ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last comment was me, Dani. Weeeeiirrrrrddddd.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GAAAHHH. I keep reading it and it's making my extremely uncomfortable.

      Delete