Friday, May 23, 2014

Arreviderci, Venice...


Ciao, Verona!  We have officially left Venecian soil and are now in Verona.  It's pretty much just a weekend get-a-way (even though no one wanted to get away from Venice...)  We will be visiting an old printing press tomorrow morning, but then have the rest of the weekend to run around the city and see all the amazing things there are to see.  Some of my highlights today:


Being a silly American and ordering french fries at an Italian restaurant because I wanted some comfort food. 


Oh hey, Danté!


This.  


And this.  


Walking on mossy cobblestone.  


Flower shops around every corner.   


Narrow streets.  


Hidden gems down every alley.  


Finding this at a bookstore and forcing myself not to buy it (although I reaaaaaally wanted to...but I knew that I would hate myself if I had to carry that around in my luggage for the rest of my trip...'twas a big book...)


And this.  


Seeing the place where Romeo and Julliette fell in love (because made up characters certainly have real life houses).


And this. 

Besides failing to locate an ATM that wants to give me money, it's been pretty great so far.  I think we are going to get along swimmingly, Verona.  

Ciao!


2 comments:

  1. I just have to ask... is that a mannequin on the balcony?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no, actually. Apparently you're allowed to to go up there. So that's an actual person. (;

      Delete