Friday, June 13, 2014

Because We're Technically Tourists


Today started like a typical morning in Paris:  a fresh pastry from the bakery, a delicious cappucino at the café, and a commemorative photo of said cappucino at the café.  We then took a break from trying to act French, embraced our inner tourist, and went to what is probably the most iconicic attraction in all of France.  


You know what it is.  

I only caught a far-off glimpse of le Tour d'Eiffel through the treetops on my first day in Paris.  Let me just say, it's so much cooler up closer.  


Below is a series of us trying to take a quick "selfie of ourselves."  As you can see, I'm always camera ready (obviously).  I can't say the same for my dear mother. (;





But goshdarnit her hair ended up perfect.  


The pose...



Classic.



'Twas another gorgeous day to be out and about.  I was getting approached left and right by people wanting me to take their picture in front of the tower, but of course us Wick Chicks like to DIO (Do It Ourselves).


We had lunch at our new favorite place (which we love because it's cheap and delicious...it's basically like the French version of Subway).  After lunch we stopped at a Body Shop to get some lotion.  While we were checking out, the woman pulled out some samples for us.  She gave my mom some eye cream which carried the title "Drops of Youth."   "And these are for you," she said, smiling to me, "for your pimples."

What a lovely saleswoman.  

As some of you may know, it is my lovely mother's birthday today!!!!  In Paris, at least...we went to a café to get coffees and share a banana split.  We then decided to  go on a little adventure and climb the hill to Sacré Coeur.  We made it just in time to celebrate her birthday at midnight on the tippy top of Paris.  





We even got a teeny glimpse of a lit Eiffel Tower!


As we walked today for what I estimate to be about 1000 miles, we are planning to have more of a low key day tomorrow. There are a ton of antique markets, resale shops, and flea markets skattered around the area and we intend to see them all.  Better get some shut-eye so I can be bright eyed, bushy tailed and ready for some bargaining.  

Au revoir!





2 comments: