Monday, April 14, 2014

How I Start My Day and Why




I am not a morning person.  I'm not really a night person either, now that I think of it...I suppose any time around when I'm supposed to be sleeping is not my happy place.  So why do I wake up every morning* a few minutes before I absolutely have to get up for the day?  (*Okay, not every morning...I'm not perfect.)




Am I the only one who now can't get that Sunday school song of this verse out of my head?
Anyways, when I get up and immediately give the day to God, I am launched into a whole new mindset.  After dedicating my day to Him, I often ask for strength, motivation, direction, and most importantly, opportunities to show the people that I encounter who God is through my words and my actions.  I may jot down a two sentence prayer in my journal before wiping the drool of my face and rolling out of bed, yet still I am reminded of the higher purpose God has placed before me, and I am preparing my heart to take up my cross and step up to the plate.

I challenge you to get up with God today and see what happens. 







No comments:

Post a Comment